DISEASES AND ITS CAUSES.
DISEASE is basically a departure from normal health through structural or functional disorders of the body. In a layman’s terminology , when a person is not at ease ,but at “dis-ease” is called a disease.
The main causes of diseases in humans are :
- · GENETIC or heritable diseases which are caused by genetic mutation. (e.g., Down Syndrome, Haemophilia etc)
- · NUTRITION DEFICIENCY (e.g., Scurvy, beri -beri, anaemia, goiter, kwashiorkor, etc)
- · HOMEOSTASIS OR METABOLIC AND HORMONAL DISORDERS like suger, diabetes, cretinism etc.
- · PHYSICAL DISORDERS due to accident , injury, heat, cold, radiation.etc
- · CHEMICAL CAUSES like poisoning, drug abuse, smoking, alcohol, pollutants etc.
- · PATHOGENIC (biological agents) or infectious diseases due to other living organisms (e.g., diphtheria, small pox, ringworm, malaria, etc
- · AGING or degenerative diseases (e.g., osteoarthritis, arteriosclerosis, cataract etc.)